May 8, 2012

MET pass... and epic fail!

So, as you all have probably realized, I have been off the blogging scene for quite a while and it is because of my stupid Internet connection. I have to work on that...

School's been brutal, but it's the only way I can update and it will get me to NYU, so...

Today, I, the blog maestro-ess, blog about... the MET Gala 2012! Yay! It was all hot stars... the hottest and epic fashion fails... the epicest... seriously! It is nicknamed the "Oscars of the East Coast"
Here is an excerpt from a review of the show about the two featured designers:

"Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada are two Italian designers from different eras: Schiaparelli, 1920’s and Prada, 1980’s. Their design aesthetic sometimes collides, in an innocent yet fascinating way. I always find it interesting how fashion gets revived and how details that worked back in the day are brought to life again and given a modern twist. The exhibition features the design conversation between these iconic women and how both women explore themes in their work through different approaches. The exhibition will showcase approximately ninety designs and thirty accessories by Schiaparelli from the late 1920’s to the early 1950’s and by Prada from the late 1980’s to the present"

I missed the real stuff because of my Internet being down, but whatevs right...

So, below are the pics I could find... enjoy!









So, send me your thoughts on who you think rocked out... or who struck a wrong note @ thepurplepersonal@gmail.com or just comment. I personally love Sofia Vergara...

My blog of the moment is Free People blog: http://blog.freepeople.com

My webby of the moment is: freepeople.com

My artist/band of the moment is: Rita Ora

My book of the moment: A King of Infinite Space by Allen Steele


Love y'all! Peace!

~thepurpleballet

No comments:

Post a Comment