Sep 14, 2011

Fashion Fades...

“Fashions fade, style is eternal.” ~ Yves Saint Laurent

Yes, I am a YSL chick.

I love that quote because it's true. People try so hard to follow through with fashions that change every six weeks and they end up with clothes they only wear once and embarrassing photos of weird clothes they thought were 'in style.'

“"Style" is an expression of individualism mixed with charisma. Fashion is something that comes after style.” ~ John Fairchild

I also love that quote. When it comes to style, you are expressing who you really are through your clothes. That's why I don't get mini-skirts and belt shorts. I mean, why would you dress like a whore if that's not who you are?

I dress in mostly jeans, sneakers, t-shirts, jackets, and flats.

I don't do heels and dresses or skirts, but I know a good dresser when I see one.

Fashion is a back drop to style and people should realise that.

Fashions fade, but style is eternal.

With style, you can try new things, not caring what anyone has to say about them. With fashion, well you can spend $1000 on a dress that you wear one day 'cos it's the 'in' thing.

With style, you can wear one thing a million different ways. With fashion, that's just weird.

Think Tavi Williams when I say this. She's my age, she has got to be on of the wackiest dressers ever, but I respect her and her blog.

She's my blogging inspiration (in case you haven't noticed, I have a lot of inspirations.) and she has to be one of the most free-minded persons I have ever read about.

I salute her and Style Rookie!

Keep doing what you do.

Peace!

~nETcROSSD ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment