Mar 19, 2012

quote-tastic!

...if ya know what I mean?

Okay, you don't. Recently, I've been checking out different quotes by the current (and yes, I do say current. We're coming for you Joan Rivers! Arrrgh!) leaders of the fashion industry and I've discovered that I fancy Karl Lagerfeld's wise (or maybe not wise) sayings. Here are some of my absolute favourites.

[The secret to modeling is] not being perfect. What one needs is a face that people can identify in a second. That’s why the girls who were famous in the '90s can still work for advertising. People know their faces. The little blonde Russian, Sasha [Pivovarova], has a face people can remember instantly, but for other models today, people think, "Is she this one or that one?" It's very difficult, but, you see, in fact there is no advice, because all circumstances are very different. It depends on what you are ready to give, the kind of life you bring, what may be exciting or disappointing...You can’t accuse anyone of not doing enough to help you, because, besides yourself, there’s nothing anyone can do. You have to be given what’s needed by nature, and what’s needed is to bring something new. But it’s the most––[hits hand on table]––unjust––[hits hand on table] thing in the world.

Like poetry, fashion does not state anything. It merely suggests.

Chic is a kind of mayonnaise, either it tastes, or it doesn't.

Personality begins where comparison ends.

The iPod is genius. I have 300

I love this guy! Moving on... today is a day of... I dunno, happiness and sunshine and rainbows? I lvoe Saturdays- sometimes. I have to go in to school because I have these lessons, but most of my friends are there and the teachers are mostly cool and I seem to use the word most frequently don't I?

I've been checking out new blogs and lemme tell ya... talent is not so uncommon... if you know where to look for it. Amazing style bloggers- like moi! I think... anyhoo... this is one link...

http://0blog101.blogspot.com

http://watermelonfeet.blogspot.com

Check them out, check them out! I sound like a crazy advertiser... lemme try summat else- Yowser! Try thepupleballet.blogspot.com today and get the chance to make this 14-year old creepily happy... happier than she is now!

Here is a pic of my fashionable bestie- future elite fashion deisgner!


I can't post much anymore so... Ciao!

~nETTY

~tHEpURPLEbALLET

No comments:

Post a Comment